As with all sporting clubs and groups Sunshine Beach Surf Lifesaving Club relies heavily on volunteer help from club members. Without our parents/carers helping throughout the season we cannot run our junior activities programs in a safe and enjoyable manner for the kids. There are many ways you can help out from assisting with activites on Sundays, officiating at carnivals, helping with BBQs and other fundraisers through to becoming a lifesaver on patrol. Everyone is welcome so please do not hesitate to join in.
Below are a list of ways you can help:
• Help at our BBQ/Canteen
• Assist with club fundraisers
• Gear and Equipment maintenance
• Join our Trainer and Assessor team. Ask us about gaining your trainer qualifications.
• Provide coaching or assist with training. Ask us about gaining your Surf Coach qualification.
• Assist with Water Safety at the club. Minimum of a Surf Rescue Certificate is required.
• Be an Age Manager or assistant
• Gain your Bronze Medallion so you can be a lifesaver on Patrol at Sunshine Beach
• Complete other Surf Lifesaving Awards (eg: first aid, advanced resusitation) and Patrol
• Become a member of the Junior Activities Committee
• Join our Board of Directors and get involved in club management
Carnival Sports Officials
Sports Officials play an important part in our organisation and are integral to the ongoing delivery of our sports.
If your child competes at State or Branch level and you do not already act in an official capacity at carnivals (Age Manager, Team Manager, Water Safety, Photographers etc) we would like to encourage you to become a sports official.We are required to supply a large number of officials at each carnival so we can never have too many. If we do not have sufficient officials then YOUR child may not be able to compete. For every 10 competitors at a nipper carnival we need to supply one official from Sunshine Beach. For example if we register 50 nippers to compete at a carnival we must have at least 5 officials helping at the carnival. We try and organise it so our officials will only need to officiate for half a day. This can only be achieved if we have enough Sunshine Beach parents qualified to officiate. Carnivals cannot run without our assistance.
Level 1 Officials Courses are generally held across two evenings and 2 or 3 courses are offered each season usually in September and October in readiness for the upcoming carnivals. Officiating is not a difficult job to do and can be rewarding. There are also a few advanced levels that you can continue to attain if you choose and there is no expense to you as the Club covers the cost of the course.
If you would like to help your kids and your club at carnivals by officiating please send your expression of interest to Lifesaving admin.
Copyright © 2018 Sunshine Beach SLSC